Tuesday 10 June 2014

Mini Lookbook: Summer Trends

So this week's "Summer Blogger Challenge" topic is 'Summer Trends'. There's still time to get involved if you like! Just contact Amy (her email address is amsiegramham@gmail.com) as she's running the challenge and emails the topic to everyone each week. This week I decided to do a mini lookbook on a few outfits that I really like wearing this Summer. I'm loving floral print, crops tops and maxi dresses so I've put together three outfits to show you all! Bearing in mind that I've tried to avoid taking pictures in my garden, as it's such a mess! So I've had to do a lot of cropping and positioning. Plus, my head's cut out on a lot of them (yeah, sorry about that - I know it looks a bit creepy haha!)



Dress: Boohoo
Shoes: Primark

I love this dress (even though it's hard to walk in as it's so tight at the bottom - I waddle like a penguin!) But I love the way it falls all the way to the floor; I'd probably wear this if I was going for a meal in the evening (especially with these shoes!) But if I was to wear it during the day, I'd team it with a denim jacket and a nice pair of sandals.







Top: H&M
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Oasis

I'm really loving this skirt at the minute! I love wearing crop tops with it, as it's high-waisted so doesn't show too much of your midriff. I'm loving floral print and I decided to wear this outfit with these flower flip flops as they're really girly and I love the detail (you may have seen them in one of my wish lists - I ended up getting them!) Again, this skirt is tight (like most denim skirts) but you're not completely restricted as you can undo the zip a little at the bottom, so you don't have to stick to baby steps if you're on a walk!




Playsuit: Next
Shoes: New Look

I've had this playsuit a while, but I still wear it as playsuits are still on trend at the minute. Again, I love floral print and I love the fact it's really loose and comfy - the top part is elasticated (so it stays up!) I teamed it with these black plimsoll shoes as they're great to just slip on - plus they're comfy if you're planning on going for a walk!

I hope you enjoyed my first ever lookbook!
I really enjoyed doing this post (just a shame about the horrendous background haha!)

I'd love to see your "Summer Blogger Challenge" this week; leave a link below!

Thanks for reading!

18 comments:

  1. Fab post lovely! Loving the grey maxi - looks stunning on you! #summerbloggerchallenge x

    keepcalmitsonlyablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveee all these outfits- in particular the first one! I think maxi dresses always look so lovely! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I love a good maxi dress;)xx

      Delete
  3. I cant decide which I ike most. Outfit 2 or 3. Probably 3. I really want a playsuit but even though I'm 26, I look 16 so think they might make me look even younger.

    Helen
    teainthetub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really comfy though and I've seen some lovely ones in the shops hehe! x

      Delete
  4. I love every outfit! You make them look so easy to wear... I can never find a maxi dress that fits right... they're always way too long :P

    Fab blog xx

    thebeautymagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:) Yeah I was worried about this one seeing as I ordered online, but luckily it's the right length - you can always wear them with higher shoes if they're a bit long! Thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  5. I love this challenge! It's such a good way to connect with other bloggers and the maxi dress looks amazing on you! I really like the playsuit too, the print is fantastic.
    Nora=)
    The Hopelessly Optimisitc

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so stunning in that maxi dress, compliments your figure perfectly! Great summer outfits, and I probably wouldn't have even noticed your head was cropped off unless you said haha!

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Ahah, I can't position my camera right at all! xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It was only a tenner! x

      Delete
  7. These outfits are lovely! I love the third one. Looks super comfy! And comfy is definitely a girl's BFF!

    Come Visit Beauty's Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous outfits! I love the first dress - it suits you so well! :)

    Angela xxx
    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete