Sunday 11 May 2014

Road Trip Style

I can't wait until I can drive. The freedom to go wherever I want, whenever I want. Going on long drives with my friends in the Summer and not having to rely on public transport or the use of parents to ferry me and my friends around. 

I thought I would do a blog post today as part of a competition hosted by Bloggers' Lounge, who have teamed up with the travel company Round The World Experts to offer a £100 voucher to whoever can come up with the freshest road trip look. So, I thought I'd give it a go! :-)




When I think of a road trip, I think of driving along country roads in the warm sunshine or a typical long American road trip, listening to a CD filled with specially picked songs. Being comfortable is important on a road trip, as you'll be sat in a car for a while - but it also doesn't hurt to be stylish! Crop tops, acid wash denim shorts and playsuits seem like the perfect outfits, especially if you're in the Summer heat for the majority of your trip. Bringing a variety of shorts and skirts (depending on how long you're going for) is really easy, as you can wear them with a variety of different crop tops, vest tops and t-shirts each day.


I've also picked some essentials that will definitely come in handy! Sandals are great to keep your feet cool and they can compliment your outfit - packing some spare boots in your bag will also come in useful if you plan on going for a few days (you may do a lot of exploring!) I've also picked out a floral water bottle, as you're going to need to keep hydrated as it'll be a long drive! I've also picked out a stylish straw hat to keep the sun off your face and stop your parting from getting sunburnt (which always happens to me - there should be a suncream shampoo or something!)





Round The World Experts offer fly drive holidays on their website and you can decide from a variety of different types of transport. If you're deciding to go on a road trip (which is the perfect gap year adventure) you can choose which continent you want to go to. You can hire a car, motorbike or campervan and there's also a trip planner on their website, which helps you pick your own route. You can choose your accommodation on the website too - personally, I'd absolutely love to go with a group of friends, it looks incredible! 


Are you going on any road trips this Summer? If so, where?
(Because I'm extremely jealous!)

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love this road trip style post - especially the flower headband and the other cute accessorises. One of my dreams is to do a road trip around America - hopefully one day.

    Beautiful blog, I love your blog name.

    *following*

    xx
    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete